Foods To Boost Your Immune System
Keeping your immune system healthy is important because it fights off any harmful or invading bacteria that overall, keeps you healthy. Eating the right foods can help keep your immune system healthy and functioning properly. Continue reading to learn more about some immune boosting foods.
Immune Boosting Foods
There are many different foods that can boost your immune system. They do this by protecting your body from any harmful bacteria. These foods, however, have one thing in common. They all contain a vitamin that helps the immune system. These Vitamins are as follows:
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that can be found naturally in many foods. This vitamin serves as an antioxidant in the body by protecting from free radicals. Free radicals are compounds that are formed when the body converts foods into energy. It is also exposed to them from UV light, cigarette smoke, and air pollution. You can find vitamin C in many foods such as:
- Citrus Fruits: These are the most common sources of vitamin c. most people get theirs from oranges, tangerines, clementines, lemons, and limes.
- Red Bell Peppers: Although it is not as common as the citrus fruits, red bell peppers actually contain more vitamin C than any other fruit or vegetable. Every ounce of red bell pepper actually contains around twice the amount of vitamin C when compared to an ounce of citrus.
- Fortified Foods: These are everyday foods such as breakfast cereals that have vitamin C and other nutrients added to them. To find out if your cereal is fortified you need to check the label.
Vitamin D is one of the thirteen essential vitamins. In the body, it is used by the immune system to fight off any invading viruses and bacteria, thus helping your body stay healthy. You need to make sure that you are getting enough vitamin D to avoid developing a deficiency of this vitamin. You can get it from many sources like:
- Sunlight: Most people get the right amount of vitamin D they need from the sun. However, there still are some people who do not due to various reasons like having darker skin, or being older in age.
- Fatty Fish: Foodwise, these are the best sources of this vitamin. Some of these fish are, Salmon, Tuna, and Mackerel are the fish to look out for.
- Milk: Most milk in the United States is fortified with vitamin D. To be precise, for every quart of milk, there are around 400 IU (International Units) of vitamin D. Even though milk is fortified, foods made from milk are usually not fortified.
Vitamin E is also a vitamin that can boost the immune system. It helps by serving as an antioxidant and protecting from free radicals. It also helps protect the body from harmful viruses. You can get adequate amounts by eating some immune boosting foods that contain vitamin E. These are:
- Nuts: These are some of the best sources of vitamin E and are also very easy to come by. Peanuts, Hazelnuts, and Almonds are among the best sources.
- Green Veggies: Broccoli and Spinach also contain amounts of vitamin E. Eating these can also have other benefits too.
- Fortified Foods: Cereal is not the only food that can be fortified with vitamin E. It is sometimes added to fruit juices, margarine, and spreads.
There are many foods that can be beneficial to your immune system. It is important to get enough of these foods to keep yourself healthy. Here at Matsun Nutrition, we have our Immune Support formula that can help provide these nutrients.
Getting Your Start With Matsun
Getting a start on your own liquid supplement business through Matsun Nutrition is easy. The first thing to do is pick one of our wide variety of stock formulas. Another option you have is to work with our team to create a whole new formula that meets all of your needs. In addition to all of that, we also do all of the testings on your new formula. At Matsun Nutrition we also have low-minimums and an in-house designer to help work on your label. That way we can get your finished product out to you and in your stores in a matter of a few weeks.
If you want to get into the private label industry then you can visit Private Label Liquids. At private label liquids, you can choose one of their great formulas and then customize the label to meet your needs.
If you want to get your start on your own supplement line with Matsun Nutrition as your manufacturer, please fill out a contact form or call us today at 888-866-5755.